Our next PQDC meeting will be held Monday, January 14 2019, at in the Del Sur room at the Hotel Karlan (Doubletree), located at 14455 Peñasquitos Drive, San Diego, California (in Rancho Peñasquitos!). The Del Sur room is the first building on the left if you keep going past the main entrance to the hotel and you drive into the hotel grounds through the second entrance instead. Our meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. and end at approximately 8:15 p.m. Please bring a friend or neighbor to the meeting, if possible.
- AGENDA for the January 14, 2018, meeting of the Rancho Penasquitos Democratic Club
- Call to order
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of minutes for the December 10, 2018 meeting.
- Greetings from Candidates and elected officials (3 to 5 minutes each)
- Featured speakers: Will Rodiriguez-Kennedy will talk about the annual reorganization of the San Diego County Democratic Party and his candidacy for Chair.
- North Area Caucus report – Jim Hodgdon
- Treasurer’s report – Maureen Moses
- Vote on amount of membership dues and payment
- Voting in State Party Delegate Elections This Month
All registered Democrats in California are eligible to vote this month to elect local delegates to the California Democratic Party Convention. In each Assembly District, 14 people will be chosen by voters in the district to represent them on matters including Party endorsements, resolutions, and internal leadership elections.
Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMs) will be held throughout the state on two upcoming weekends: Sat.-Sun., Jan. 12-13, and Sat.-Sun. Jan. 26-27.
|For more information on the ADEMs, including the date and locations of the meeting for your district, please visit www.sddemocrats.org/adems. You can read statements provided by the qualified candidates here, and you can click here to confirm your Assembly District. Any registered Democrat living in the district as of the date of the meeting can vote; forms will be available for those who need to register onsite.
This is your chance to elect grassroots leaders who will help set the agenda for California’s majority party — and set a strong example for the rest of the country. Please be sure to vote and spread the word to your fellow Democrats!